-->



Monday 14 July 2014

Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoos | A Dupe?!


Hellooo lovelies.
During the warmer seasons, I love using longwear, cream shadow formulas and some which I have owned and loved for a while are the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoos. They come in 10 pigmented shades including warm shimmers, matte, muted neutrals and also some bright colours.


These cream shadows are really easy to apply - just dot some onto your lids and blend! I tend to use my finger to apply this product as it dries very quickly so I don't have much time to faff around with brushes.

Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoos: Pink Gold, Permanent Taupe, On and On Bronze, Timeless Black


I'm quite boring when it comes to colors on the lids & I usually stick to shimmery/matte pale and earth tones, hence the choice of colors I picked. Because I love these colour tattoos so much, I'm planning to add Eternal Gold, Eternal Silver and Immortal Charcoal to my collection next time I pop into a local Boots/Superdrugs.






GOOD STUFF


• Really pigmented colours
• Long lasting
• Affordable
• Easy to apply
• Perfect for oily lids
• Great base for eyeshadows


BAD STUFF


• Formula dries really quickly which may be annoying for some


This stuff seriously stays put once it's dried. I had to scrub the product off with baby wipes and if you can see in the image, there's still product left. Great for long, sweaty summer days or nights out!


DUPES?




Prior to purchasing the Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze, I already owned the MAC Pro Longwear Paintpot in Indianwood. I swatched this product in the MAC store and fell in love. I purchased On and On Bronze online so I didn't swatch it before buying it however it's a great dupe and really affordable too. They look failry different in the packaging; however when applied on the lids they both have a warm golden hue.




In terms of price, the Maybelline Colour Tattoos are way more affordable; however MAC have more than double the amount of shades available. I especially love Indianwood as it's not an ordinary shade, the colour varies between gold and bronze in different lighting. The swatch above does not do it justice, it really is a gorgeous colour that's suitable on any skin tone!



The Colour Tattoos can be purchased in the UK at Boots, Superdrugs, ASOS and other Maybelline stockists so go check it out if you haven't already.


Have you tried any of the colour tattoos or paint pots?
Comment below if you have!

Keeks xx


2 comments:

  1. I've actually tried both and I prefer the Maybelline. I have MAC in the shade Groundwork and Maybelline in On and on bronze and Maybelline seems to stay on longer for me.

    The pink gold colour tattoo looks gorgeous from your swatches. I will have to pick one up! x

    http://www.thebeautycheer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've noticed that my Maybelline ones do stay put for longer, such a shame they don't have more colours! x

      Delete