-->



Monday 22 September 2014

DIY Gift Ideas | Personalized Gift Box/Set



Hellooo lovelies.
I hope you've all had a good start to the week. Last week was one of my friend's birthdays and to celebrate, we dined, drank and danced in a restaurant/bar in Shoreditch. It had been so long since we last met up so I was really stuck on gift ideas & since she was going back to university, I decided to put together a few pieces which could help her along the way.

I was so pleased at how this little DIY turned out, especially since our plans were all so last minute. I also love this idea because it's more than just your average gift box, I've incorporated my own choices into the mix, it's a lot more personal & meaningful - great for showing family members, best friends, or partners how much you care. Also, the gifts don't have to be expensive, they can be little reminders of things that you've laughed over throughout the years, little treats, or even a themed gift box, e.g. stationery sets, beauty, winter accessories...


I started off by wrapping up an old shoe box in black tissue, wrapping it twice to hide the writing & labels. Then stick down the edges using double sided tape or any type of glue/tape. I forgot to take photos of the next step but I then scrunched up some tissue and placed it inside the box, this helps stop the contents from moving around.



I then laid out all the products on table and fitted them randomly into the box. I didn't want it to look too organised, so I placed everything pretty randomly. I then laid on some shredded metallic tissue paper, which I purchased from the Card Factory for 99p, as a finishing touch. I would have preferred to wrap the box using clear florist wrap , however I didn't have time to buy any so I opted for a trusty old gift bag instead.


I also wrote a little note (please forgive my scruffy handwriting ^-^) including all the little presents I added to the gift box, this is a huge step in making the gift more personal, each gift has a reason for being in the box - e.g. I know she's obsessed with doing nails so a quality polish like the Deborah Lippman is a great addition to the set. She also travels a lot so little travel sized beauty pieces like the mini Body Shop hand lotion was also a good choice.


SHOP THIS POST

 Wilko Camper A5 Notebook

IKEA Skurar Pot

Diorshow Extase Mascara

Soap & Glory Girligo Moisturising Body Lotion

Batiste Floral & Flirty Dry Shampoo

LUSH Space Girl Bath Bomb

Victoria's Secret Coconut Passion Fragrance Mist

Red Cherry Lashes

MeMeMe Cupid's Blush Kiss & Cheek Tint

Deborah Lippmann Build Me Up Buttercup Limited Edition Nail Lacquer
(Spring Reveries Collection)

Body Shop Strawberry Body Sorbet

Body Shop Shea Hand Cream

Thornton's Personalised Milk Chocolate Gift Tag

Sugared Almonds

Gift Bag, Tissue & Wrapping Accessories

Personalized Birthday Card


Hope this has helped anyone stuck with gift ideas & remember, you can use this DIY for any occassions including Christmas (which is only 3 months away... EEP!)

Keeks xx



No comments:

Post a Comment